The one vegetable I hated when I was a kid, was definitely cabbage. I remember mum serving it along side Corned beef, and I was forever trying to cover the taste of it with tomato sauce.
Now being older and actually appreciating food, cabbage is very very high on my list of foods that I love.
I defrosted some 5 star lean mince a couple days ago, and I’ve been a little unsure as to what to turn it into, that would tasty and also Macronutrient friendly.
This was the perfect combination of both! You can add a hint of spice and even more of your favourite veges!
BEEF AND CABBAGE STIRFRY
I divided this into three servings which equalled roughly 230g per serve
358 Calories 14g Fat 22g Carbs 39g Protein – Per 230g Serve
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp Tamari sauce (you can use normal soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp stevia (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3 spring onions
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 500g lean mince
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Chop all vegetables into thin strips, or into edible size
- Combine Stir fry sauce in a cup and set aside
- Heat cooking oil in a large pan. Add meat and cook until brown. Stir through Garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in all vegetables and cook on medium low heat until all vegetables are soft
- Add stir fry sauce right at the end, and let sit for 1 minute to absorb all flavors.