With such a sudden snap in change of weather, my appetite has changed drastically. Sizzling bbq steaks are now off the menu as I try to find food that will warm my insides.
With being three weeks deep into my Competition Prep, I struggled to find any inspiration in my recipe books, that was 1. yummy 2. healthy 3. low carb and 4. belly warming.
With an allocated 150g of chicken breast and vege in my diet, I was able to come up with this Low carb chicken soup that ticked all the right boxes. With my customized ingredients ( and by that I mean.. I read every single label of Macro nutrient value on my food!!!) this bowl came in roughly at 4 Carbs in total for the overall meal. Being most of the Carbs came from the Veges.
This meal satisfied so many taste buds, and also can be apart of any Keto Diet. Made in bulk, this meal is a great family saver & ideal meal prep food. Enjoy.
LOW CARB CHICKEN SOUP
This makes roughly two large serves depending on the amount of Vegetables you put in
- 300g Chicken Breast (150g per serving)
- 1 whole Brown Onion
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 whole Carrot
- 1 large Leek
- 2 Garlic Cloves (or squeezy garlic)
- Herb spice
- Macadamia Oil (or your preferred choice of oil)
- 1 cube of Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 cube of Vegetable Stock Powder
- 2 cups of water ( depending on your Chicken stock ratio)
- Cook Chicken Breast as whole pieces. I cooked mine on a fry pan slowly until thoroughly cooked. You can steam or boil. Choice is yours!
- While chicken is cooking, dice all your vegetables into edible sizes
- Heat Oil in a deep Pot. Add Onion and garlic, and cook on low/medium heat until soft and fragrant. Add in Herb spices, salt and pepper
- Add all vegetables into the pot, and continue to cook on low/medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until softened and brown. Meanwhile, take cooked chicken onto a chopping board, and shred into thin pieces
- Add your water and stock cubes into the pot, and bring to a boil. Add chicken into the pot
- Simmer for 6 minutes uncovered
Serve and enjoy!!!!!